Saturday, December 19, 2009



Hi, not sure if anyone is still reading the blog but I thought I would give an update.  We have had Jacob with us for a month and I am so enjoying getting to know this child.  He is such a pleasure.  He loves to laugh, is fairly easygoing and has the best facial expressions.  He might not have much english but you know exactly what he is thinking.  He has had his hearing aid for almost a week and wears it all day with little fuss.  It is a headband that goes around his head and it is obvious that he is hearing everything now.  He learns a couple new words or signs each day and amazes me with his ability to remember the signs I show him once or twice.  His newest trick is to sing "jingle bells, jingle bells, hey!"  Hannah is very slowly and not too willingly making the adjustments to being a sister.  I would not say she is very happy about it yet and is often downright angry but has accepted that he is not going back and will find her new place in the family dynamics eventually.  Being a single parent has been the hardest over the past month because I just can't cut myself in two.  I  have had to sacrifice one's needs over the other several times and that is heart wrenching.  Here are a few of my favorite pictures taken lately.  Let me know if you are still reading and I don't mind posting weekly updates.  Merry Christmas

3 comments:

  1. I am still reading and enjoy reading how you guys are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's just so stinkin' cute, Jackie! I love seeing how much he's progressed with each short passage of time between our visits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just noticed this post now. I really love reading your updates when i do get on here. It warms my heart every time i see you guys! Such a beautiful family you have Jackie!

    ReplyDelete